A civil ceremony in Capri is recognized as a legal marriage throughout the world, and can take place not only at the City Hall in Capri or Anacapri, but also at a variety of locations approved by the local municipality.
You can have a bespoke civil ceremony on a big terrace with just the sea and the Faraglioni rocks before you, at an opulent historical museum, in a garden with countless colorful blossoms, on a scenic patio atop a mountain with a 360° beyond view of the Gulf of Naples and the Amalfi Coast, at a tiny and intimate venue immersed in nature and perfectly suited for an elopement or small wedding, or in a more rustic yet romantic pine forest just above the Blue Grotto. In addition, some private properties such us hotels have given permission to perform civil ceremonies.
For a complete list of outdoor beautiful places where it is possible to have a civil ceremony we invite you to have a look at our Venues section.
More information about your Civil Ceremony in Capri
- Requirements and paperwork necessary for a legal wedding may vary based on your nationality and place of residence, so it is advisable to start planning for this type of ceremony at least a few months in advance
- Sometimes it is required for the couple to arrive in Capri several days prior the wedding date in order to sign the “Declaration of Intent to Marry” before an Ufficiale di Stato Civile (Civil Registrar)
- The ceremony is legally binding, recognized by the Italian government and valid worldwide
- The civil ceremony is performed by the mayor or one of his deputies
- The ceremony text consists of the reading of both Civil Code articles and traditional marriage vows (no blessing)
- Live or recorded music and flower decoration are allowed
- The ceremony lasts approximately twenty minutes
- The ceremony is performed in Italian so, if necessary, an interpreter must be present
- Two witnesses over 18 years of age are required
- City Hall booking fees ranges from 200 to 1,500 Euro, depending on the day of the week, the location (inside the marriage hall or outdoor venues) and the City Hall (Capri or Anacapri) you have chosen
Make it legal!
We are able to provide you with assistance with all of the paperwork to fulfil the legal requirements for your your civil ceremony in Capri.
We can also assist you in booking the civil ceremony location and paying the fee on your behalf, provide you with an interpreter and witnesses if you don’t have your own, and we will ensure that all of the documents are properly translated and legally executed.